The National Library of Korea is located in Seoul, South Korea and was established in 1945. It houses over 10 million volumes, including over 1,134,000 foreign books and some of the National Treasures of South Korea.
It was relocated within Seoul, from Sogong-dong, Jung-gu to Namsan-dong in 1974, and again to the present location at Banpo-dong, Seocho-gu, in 1988. It was transferred from the Ministry of Education to the Ministry of Culture in 1991.
Public transport connection
As in November 2020;
|Total||Domestic Books||Foregin Books||Non Books||Old Books|
- National Digital Library of Korea
- National Library for Children and Young Adults
- Information Center on North Korea
- National Assembly Library of Korea
- List of national and state libraries
- Choi, Yoon Kyung; Chung, Yeon-Kyoung (2014). "A Study on Improvements for High Quality in National Library of Korea Subject Headings List". Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science. 48 (1): 75–95. doi:10.4275/KSLIS.2014.48.1.075. ISSN 1225-598X.
- Official website (in English)